Never before has an event like this taken place, until now.
Canadian Badlands running has been called otherworldly. Surrounded by remarkable rock formations and fossil beds, it is enough to transport you to another time, one which we have only ever dreamed of.
These private sections of land are in areas that are rich in fossil deposits, sensitive vegetation, and incredibly unique natural rock formations. While we are thrilled and grateful beyond belief to be given exclusive access to such unique and sacred lands, we also understand that it is our shared responsibility to protect and preserve this area and its natural assets. In order to achieve this we all must follow Local, Provincial, & Federal laws.
With your help and cooperation, we can all enjoy this incredible and unique annual opportunity to celebrate the Canadian Badlands for years to come.
We couldn’t be more thrilled to work with the team at Canalta Hotels.
Events like this are simply not possible without the support of local businesses. Make a weekend out of it, bring the family and stay at one of our 3 amazing host hotels!
1103 HWY 9 South Ave, Drumheller, AB 1-403-823-7700
Ramada by Wyndham Drumheller
680 2 Street SE Drumheller, AB 1-403-823-2028
Super 8 by Wyndham Drumheller
600, 680 2 Street SE Drumheller, AB 1-403-823-8887
Friday Sept 25
4:00 pm – Base Camp Opens for Team Tent Set Up
5:00 pm – Seating # 1 Pre Race Briefing / Pasta Dinner / Package Pick Up
7:00 pm – Seating # 2 Pre Race Briefing / Pasta Dinner / Package Pick Up
Saturday Sept 26
6:30 am – Base Camp Opens
8:00 am – Soloist Start
8:15 am – Relay Start
2:00 pm – 1 km Kids Fun Run
3:00 pm – Awards
- Course consists of 4 legs
- Distances of each being released Spring of 2020
Leg Type - Barkley Book
- Racers must complete full loop starting and finishing at Base Camp
- Racers must bring correct Bib Page # back from book located at halfway mark
- Book page must be handed in to be stamped before next Leg can be started
- Maps being released Spring of 2020
- Soloists / Teams will have 10 hours to complete the course
- Leg 4 start cut off time will be decided based on a number of factors including average times, weather etc
- Have no fear, if a cut off time is being considered, discussions will be had with all remaining teams for input prior to any decision being made
Restricted Course Access
- As we are utilizing private properties, access to the course is restricted to registered participants only
- Racers must have bib visible at all times
- Any racers without official event bib will be asked to step off the course
- Crew members are not allowed on course
- Team transitions to take place in designated transition loop
- Access to transition area is open to racers & crew members
Soloist Refuelling Zone
- Access to Soloist Refuelling Zone is limited to registered soloists only
- Soloist crew members can enter zone when racer is present
- Refuelling items are for registered soloists only
- Trail shoes with aggressive tread
- Lightweight gaiters & tall socks
- Hydration Pack or multiple water bottles
- Body glide (the chafe is real)
- Hat / Sunscreen / Sunglasses
- Extra socks!
- Water & electrolytes (hydrate, hydrate, hydrate….and hydrate)
- Salt tabs / pills or any form of sodium intake (if you want to take a pickle or two..that's up to you)
- Gels / Bars / Calories (feed the machine for best results)
- Simple carbohydrates (sugar / candy….TSN turning point type stuff)
INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION
- NEW Finisher Buckle (Ultra Soloists)
- NEW Finisher Medal (Team Relays)
- Finisher Tech Shirt
- Base Camp Access
- Pre Race Pasta Dinner
BASE CAMP INFORMATION
- Teams will be able to set up their team tent areas on Friday afternoon / early evening (Security will be on site ; No overnight camping allowed however)
- The Dinosaur Trail Golf & Country Club will be open throughout the event for all of our Food & Beverage needs. Want to shoot a round of golf while you wait for a teammate or loved one? No problem! All X Ultra participants & guests will receive 15% off golf rounds the entire weekend!
- Participate in the X Ultra Long Drive contest to win free entries into the 2020 X Ultra! 100% of proceeds being donated to the Drumheller Rotary Club. Contest open to runners and spectators all day long!
- 50 km Soloist
- Relay Team of 2
- Relay Team of 4
There will be 3 Award Categories for both male & female soloists:
- Masters – 40+
- Ultra Masters – 50+
There will be 6 Award categories for Relays:
Team of 2 Relay
Team of 4 Relay