2023 Titan 12 Hour Black Ops
The TITAN 12 HOUR BLACK OPS Challenge was conceived for the Warrior who has evolved to crave more. Crossing the finish line is no longer enough. A carnal fire inside doesn’t ask them, but tells them to push the very limit of physicality and mental toughness.
The TITAN 12 HOUR BLACK OPS Challenge is open to athletes of all levels looking for an arena to find that outer limit. To see what can be achieved when they are set loose overnight on a course to conquer the voice that whispers, “never stop.”
- Working head lamp & flashing beacon must be on each racer following dusk
- An equipment check will take place by race officials at the start of every lap
- Cleats / Spikes of any kind will not be permitted or allowed on course at any time.
- Weather Appropriate Clothing : Multiple Socks, Water / Windproof Jacket/Pants, Trail Running Shoes, Gloves, Hat, Multiple Pairs of Socks
- Pop Up Tent / Canopy, Flash Light, Tarp, Folding Chair(s), Space/Thermal Blanket,
- Water, Gatorade, Electrolytes, Gels, Energy Bars, Meals / Soups (that can be warmed up in microwave)
- Sunscreen / Bug Spray
- Titan Black Ops participants / teams will have 12 hours to complete as many laps of the course as they can
- A participant must finish the final lap after the 10th hour to receive the 12 hour Black Ops Medal.
- Participants may only enter the Base Camp after completing a full lap.
- Participants can ONLY accept assistance from CREW in designated Base Camp Area
- This is a rain or shine event.
- In 2023 - obstacle completion is your choice
- Complete the obstacle, earn your FAST PASS and take your shortcut to the next obstacle
- Fail or choose to bypass the obstacle, you go the extra distance.
- All participants have the option to complete one or more Heavy Lap
- Participants can start a Heavy Lap by registering at Heavy Lap tent
- Heavy Lap consists of racer carrying a Heavy Bag around the course for a single lap
- Heavy Bags are to be placed in designated area next to Obstacle during completion
- Heavy Lap Patches will be awarded upon the completion of the lap
- Participants can earn multiple patches
SATURDAY JUNE 24
- 4:00 pm Base Camp Opens
- 6:00 pm Access to Base Camp Closes. All participants / Crew must be on site Pre Event Pasta Dinner (Included in Registration)
- 6:30 pm Pre Event Briefing (Mandatory) & Pasta Dinner
- 7:30 pm – 830 pm 30 Minute Warning Alarm goes off
- 30 Minute After Alarm Event Commences. First lap = running only ; Obstacles open 2nd lap onwards
SUNDAY JUNE 25
- NEW – 10 Hour Mark Participants can complete their final lap(s) after the 10 hour mark
- 12 Hour Mark Hard course close / Post Event Pancake Breakfast / Awards
INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION
- Titan Black Ops Bib
- Titan Black Ops Competitor Tech Shirt
- Base Camp Access
- Pre Race Pasta Dinner
- Post Race Pancake Breakfast
BASE CAMP INFORMATION
- 10 x 10 Camps are available, arrive early to get your pick.
- Base Camp Access is exclusive to participants, crew members & volunteers
- New: Participants / Crew can drive into base camp and drop off gear. ALL vehicles must be out of basecamp by 6 pm
- New: Propane powered lanterns will be permitted
- Mess Tent will be provided with Water, hot water kettles, microwaves for warming of supplies
- Top 3 Male & Female Overall
- Top 3 Male & Female Masters (40+)
- Top 3 Male & Female Ultra Masters (50+)
- Most Laps with Heavy Bag (1st Place – Male , Female & Team)
Teams of 2
- Top 3 Male / Female / Mixed